All recent sightings

Click here or here for recent sightings in Cornwall

Sunday 27 January 2013

More foot it - nearing the end


As the end of month approaches, I’ve had to go further afield to get new species in my Foot it attempt, but at least on occasion, my efforts have paid dividends, as I’ve now surpassed by target and have seen 108 species. 




 Top; Argal Reservoir at dusk. Goosander in the distance. Bottom: the long-haul walks often mean that the return birding is in the dark.
Another Med Gull. This time at Swanpool

Here’s another update on my efforts: 

17th Jan
Walked into work today in the hope of getting one or two, and on my way home managed this:

79. Tawny Owl -

21st Jan
Long-haul effort today via Mylor Harbour, Carnon Downs and Deveron (c. 18 miles) got me a few additions:

80. Red-breasted Merganser
81. Pheasant
82. Nuthatch
83. Shelduck
84. Peregrine
85. Dunlin
86. Black-tailed Godwit
87. Reed Bunting

22nd Jan
A sunny day  tour of the coast down to Rosemullion Head got me a few seabirds and one or two other extras, but surprisingly – no Stonechat!

88. Purple Sandpiper
89. Greylag Goose
90. Fulmar
91. Gannet
92. Kittiwake
93. Guillemot
94. Razorbill

25th Jan
Crazy busy week at work with no birding until Fri, when I managed a trip down to College Reservoir and caught up with one or two I missed on my last visit.

95. Gadwall
96. Pochard
97. Goosander
98. Common Gull
99. Skylark

26th Jan
A short wonder down to Swanpool in the Spring weather. Target reached!

100. Stonechat
101. Red-throated Diver

26th Jan
Longest walk of the month today – c. 25 miles to Gwennap Sewerage Farm and then Deveron!!! Definitely paid off:

102. Yellow-browed Warbler
103. Green Sandpiper
104. Shoveler
105. Ringed Plover
106. Bar-tailed Godwit
107. Sandwich Tern
108. Marsh Tit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lizard weather forecast

BBC weather forecast